Assistant Chief Nursing Officer-Southern Hills Hospital %26 Medical Center-Las Vegas, NV - HCA (Las
The Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (Asst. CNO) is responsible for providing leadership in planning, directing, coordinating, providing and improving health care services consistent with hospital policies, objectives and standards for quality nursing care. Participates in the development of new educational and research programs for expansion of nursing and patient care services. Under general direction, the Asst. CNO will be assigned direct hospital nursing activities in accordance with defined hospital policies and objectives. In the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Asst. CNO represents the Chief Nursing Officer and assumes responsibility for the entire scope of the Chief Nursing Officer’s responsibilities.
• Provides administrative oversight of assigned functions of the Chief Nursing Officer
• Participates in senior leadership meetings medical staff and Board of Trustee meetings.
• Participates actively in leadership development and nursing leadership succession planning.
• Assumes an active role in hospital and business operations
• Assists in developing and implementing overall nursing strategic plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives.
• Develops, implements, and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives, and standards for measurement and maintenance of nursing budget, expense control, and quality nursing care.
• Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing services to assure adequate staffing coverage for providing quality care.
• Participates in recruiting, interviewing, evaluating, and hiring personnel to meet staffing needs.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement and regulatory compliance.
• Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand. Assesses capital and non-capital clinical needs for bedside nursing care with all clinical managers and make proposals to senior leadership.
• Uses education and development resources appropriately to advance clinical performance and assure regulatory compliance.
• Participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services in conjunction with growth initiatives; assessing clinical readiness, and assisting with implementation of action plans for improvement with the CNO.
• Represents the hospital (as appropriate) in health care programs and professional organizations and serves in a public relations capacity to stimulate professional and organizational growth.
• Coordinates annual budget process for clinical areas and participates in DMOR reviews
• Reviews clinical and financial data to assess opportunities for improvement.
• Demonstrates initiative in self-development and education.
• Serves as a role model for hospital employees in professional behavior and accountability.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08967-3659&lang=en
• Post ID: 24030085 lasvegas