Emergency Room Charge Nurse - %2410K Sign On Bonus/Relo Available - HCA (Las Vegas, Nevada)
Voted the Best Hospital in Las Vegas, Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with many services to include our Medical Surgical Department.
Southern Hills Hospital prides itself on our awards and accolades, which are appreciated affirmations of the patient care that we provide:
- Earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program
- Earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for hip and knee replacements and hip fractures programs
- Bright Spots in the Silver State Award from the Nevada Hospital Association -Awarded for Hospital Quality
- Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Silver - Plus Quality Achievement Award from American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) - the only southern Nevada hospital to receive this recognition for four consecutive years
Southern Hills Hospital’s 24/7 Emergency Room provides Southwest Las Vegas with life-saving care, diagnostic treatments and advanced digital imaging for patients of all ages. Our ER is prepared for your arrival at a moment’s notice. Southern Hills Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Certified Primary Stroke Center, which means when you feel pain or tightness in your chest, or if you or a loved one experiences stroke symptoms, Southern Hills is the best place to be.
Come join our team of experienced highly trained registered nurses, ER techs, physician specialists, who commit their life’s work to our patients needs.
The charge nurse is a registered professional nurse who participates as an active member of the Nursing Team on the assigned unit/department. The charge nurse assumes responsibility for coordinating safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care for patients on the assigned unit/department. Principle responsibilities include participating in strategic planning, service delivery, program development, evaluation and implementation, budget and resource management, cost control, contract compliance and quality improvement. In addition, the charge nurse supports patient safety initiatives and quality improvement activities.
The charge nurse may also work as a registered professional nurse in the capacity of house supervisor in addition to being a clinical nurse providing care for patients for an assigned time.
The charge nurse maintains current competency with nursing skills required for the assigned unit/department, and demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care and Standards of Practice in the assigned area. He/She demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth & development over life span, and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of patient status, and to interpret the data appropriately to identify patient requirements specific to the patient’s age.
The charge nurse remains calm in crisis and emergency situations, and directs staff members effectively and appropriately. The charge nurse maintains professional and effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care Team. The charge nurse demonstrates judgment, discretion, diplomacy and a working knowledge of Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Policies and Procedures. The charge nurse is a role model for staff and other departments. The charge nurse demonstrates customer service excellence in relationships with patients, families, physicians and employees.
The charge nurse assists in recruitment and selection of staff. The charge nurse assists and supports in orientation, evaluation and retention of staff. The charge nurse performs annual performance reviews and assists staff in completion of their goals and development plan.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Must adhere to EMTALA requirements
- Must be compliant with HIPAA policies and procedures
- Must have organizational and prioritization skills and be committed to facilitating patient flow
- Must work autonomously with the Emergency Department physicians
- Must keep the admit log, transfer log, legal 2000 log, and restraint log current
- Must attend daily bed board meetings, adjust next shift staffing, and flex staff every 4 hours according to census and department needs
- Must comply with state mandated regulations and keep the ROAM IT computer current
- Must demonstrate rapport with EMS and keep the EMS computer current with number of legal 2000s and estimated offload times
- Must be familiar with InterQual Criteria for admitting patients to the appropriate level of care and have knowledge of different insurances in order to admit patients to the correct physician
- Must demonstrate creating the ED Call List and identify the correct process for making changes
- Must identify the process for positive result follow ups
- Must keep the ED dashboard accurate
- Must attend mandatory charge nurse meetings and FES physician meetings
- Must demonstrate communication and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills
- Must comply with the provisions of the Nevada Nurse Practice Act for the practice of professional nursing particularly in area of specialization, delegation, and supervision
- Must possess age-appropriate care competencies and be able to modify care based on patient’s age and developmental status, including school-age through geriatric
- Must demonstrate compliance with hospital policies/procedures and protocols including but not limited to use of the chain of command for both clinical matters and job or employee-related matters in the work environment
- Must model customer service excellence
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08967-3926&lang=en
• Post ID: 28114578 lasvegas