The General Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing general clinical and pharmacy services. This includes supervision of technical staff.
Duties (included but not limited to):
· Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
· Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
· Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
· Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
· Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff
· Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
· Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
· Assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership.
· Assist with the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs
· Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely
· Support and participate in the goals of the organization’s quality improvement, risk management and patient safety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures and HCAHPS medication related initiatives.
· Complete notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions
· Participate in the training of new pharmacists, pharmacy students, and technicians
· Maintain professional competency sufficient to meet current and future needs of the facility
· Has knowledge of the patient population served and apply that knowledge in the care of those patients
· Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
· Effectively supervise pharmacy operation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team
· Compliant with facility pharmacy schedule to work physically at patient care areas to interact with medical staff, nurses and other members of the healthcare team.
· Effectively and proactively intervene in conflicts between pharmacy and medical staff regarding drug therapy issue resolutions.
· Train and participate with Code Teams as assigned. Obtain and maintain BLS-ACLS or PALS current certification as appropriate.
· Maintain appropriate controlled substance records
· Comply with all regulatory standards
· Prioritize work and lead others to comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedure. Identify areas for improved efficiency
· Supervise and assist pharmacy technicians and other support staff effectively
- Act as supervisor in charge as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08967-3819&lang=en
• Post ID: 25324742 lasvegas