Voted the Best Hospital in Las Vegas, Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with many services. Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
- The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America, recognized Southern Hills Hospital as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 - the only Southern Nevada hospital to earn this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Southern Hills Hospital is the first institution in the state of Nevada to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a leading hospital in cardiology through their compliance with the “Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure” program.
- In addition, Southern Hills Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care. It is also partnered with award-winning spine physicians from the Nevada Neurosciences Institute.
Our staff is committed to the care and improvement of human
life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver
high-quality, cost-effective healthcare in the community we serve.
This is a Full Time position for the OR.
The successful candidate for this position should be clinically competent in his/her area of peri-operative nursing, with, interfacing directly with patients, physicians and families and must have the ability to made decisions accurately and timely taking clinical and environmental factors into consideration. The Staff Nurse‘s area of responsibility in the O.R. may be stressful at times, with multi-tasking skills essential. Additionally this RN will be expected to participate in the on-call roster as needed, participate in all Core Measures, SCIP initiatives, Safety initiatives as determined by the Hospital; participate in all annual educational requirements, including Healthstream, Code of Conduct.Participate in all regulatory compliance initiatives, and any regulatory body inspections.
- Clinically proficient in his or her area of expertise- General, Orthopedic, ENT, Gyn, Peripheral Vascular, Urology, or any other service line as developed by the hospital.
- Understand and practice to his/her Scope of Practice as delineate by the State Board of Nursing in Nevada.
- The Staff Nurse should also be aware of the practice limitations for other certified or licensed staff whom he/she supervises, and make assignments and decisions based upon this knowledge.
- The Staff Nurse should be aware of both the departmental and facility’s Chain of command, reporting mechanisms and reporting incidents in the work environment in a timely and factual manner.
- The Staff Nurse is a essential point of contact for staff, ancillary departments, physicians, patients & families, and is expected to communicate and interact in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- The Staff Nurse should also seek out clinical workshops or educational seminars in an effort to not only remain clinically competent, but the increase clinical proficiency and efficiencies, skills, knowledge and abilities.
- The Staff Nurse is expected to participate in problem solving, communicating outcomes and resolutions, following all prudent and reasonable efforts to share the information.
- The Staff Nurse is expected to actively participate in Survey Readiness, Emergency preparedness meeting, Inventory counts, and attend staff meetings.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08967-3962&lang=en
• Post ID: 26179068 lasvegas