RN Per Diem - Med/Onc&Infusion/Chemo - Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada - The US Oncology
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders. We support this goal with state-of-the-art facilities across Southern Nevada, all of which integrate the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and research capabilities. CCCN is dedicated to patient-centered care, advancing innovation, discovery, and improving outcomes. Motivated, caring professional are encouraged to join us.
CCCN is seeking Registered Nurses to work on a per diem basis to provide direct patient care in an adult ambulatory oncology setting. Successful candidates will be experienced and highly skilled and possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the cancer disease process, the major treatment modalities, symptom management, supportive care, and patient education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications
- May assist physician with exams and procedures.
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and initiates appropriate action.
- Consulting physician regarding dosage modifications and symptom management.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents and biohazardous waste
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
Per Diem RNs will:
- Possess flexibility to work at all CCCN locations
- Be available to work 8 shifts per month
- Be paid a differential for shifts worked above 8 shifts per quarter
- Be paid a differential for a shift worked during a holiday week
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Two (2) or more years of recent RN clinical oncology or infusion nursing experience
- Current Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification within 6 months of hire date
- OCN Certification or other relevant specialty certification
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please watch this video from our Executive Director.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Still have more questions? Please call our Nursing Hotline at 702-###-#### to speak to an Oncology Nursing Leader who can give you more information on starting or continuing your career in oncology nursing.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, intensive care unit, maternal, recovery, registered nurse, tcu
• Post ID: 37019967 lasvegas