Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 6:54 AM
Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
Grocery/In-Stock Purpose: If you take pride in a job well done and enjoy tasks that revolve around structure and consistency, you are just the type of person we're looking for to fill one of our In-Stock positions. As a member of the In-Stock team, you will act as the backbone of the store by providing departments with the merchandise they need and customers with the products they want. The In-Stock team is vital to ensuring the success of the store as a whole, and as an In-Stock team member, you will be an important part of helping to make your store a better place to work and shop day in and day out.
Positions within our Grocery/In-Stock Department Include:
- DSD Receiver
- Grocery Clerk
- Grocery Clerk-Night
- Home Department Apparel Clerk
- Home Department Clerk
- Natural Foods Clerk
- Beer/Wine/Spirits (Liquor) Clerk
In-Stock Job Duties Vary by Position and May Include:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold.
- Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently and provide them with fresh products that they have ordered.
- Recommend products to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Collaborate with fellow associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company and store goals.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Assist in training department associates on maintaining inventory and stocking products.
- Assist cashiers with price checks and product replacement duties and by scanning and processing customer orders, processing tender and coupons, and following Front End scanning procedures.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process and maintain an awareness of inventory and stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Manually attach price labels with a labeling machine.
- Stock aisles; build and maintain displays.
- Assure the department and backrooms are clean and orderly.
Skills/Qualifications: Ability to handle stressful situations, effective communication skills, knowledge of basic math
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Keywords: Part time, Customer service, Retail
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, Smith's currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith's charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or .
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 431,000 associates who serve customers in 2,778 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries also operate 2,231 pharmacies, 784 convenience stores, 323 fine jewelry stores, 1,387 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. With sales of $109.8 billion in 2015, we continue to grow. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NV || Las Vegas || 10600 Southern Highlands Pkwy || 89141 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
• Location: Las Vegas
• Post ID: 36890002 lasvegas