What you’ll be doing...
- Optimizes the network using traditional means (KPI monitoring, real-time analysis, etc).
- Utilizes multiple tools to optimize system performance.
- Works to automate processes and provides feedback to improve automation mechanisms
- Quickly adopts new methods and processes.
- Analyzes internal and external benchmarking and third-party test results and implements solutions to improve those results and meet KPI objectives.
- Collaborates with other Network groups to determine best design and customer experience (e.g., network assurance, RF design, construction, etc.).
- Considers numerous factors including time-to-market, cost, RF conditions, etc, in making performance, optimization, planning, and design decisions.
- Advocates for the customer in performance and optimization related matters.
- Troubleshoots VoLTE and LTE issues, including dropped calls, handoff issues, low throughput, etc, by investigating detailed call flows, over-the-air messaging, and RF information.
- Tests issues in the field to validate performance and optimizes new assets as they are activated.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
- Interfaces with all levels of management.
- Typically manages multiple projects at a time.
- Quickly responds to critical system impacting issues and works with various teams to resolve as soon as possible.
- Moderate to minimum supervision over work product.
- Works independently on routine research and reporting functions.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related degree. Master’s degree a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience in automating tasks and scripting.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7056277-systems-performance-engineer
• Post ID: 30432163 lasvegas