The primary responsibility of the Cabana Host is to provide the highest quality of service to our cabana guests and assist with food and beverage needs. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resorts policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greeting cabana guests as they enter the pool area and escorting them to their cabana.
- Assisting guest with food and beverage choices/menus, taking food and beverage orders accurately, delivering orders promptly.
- Accurately, and professionally deal with cash/credit transactions, aid cabana guests with requests, and cabana/pool deck cleanliness.
- Provide Cabana guests unmatched service during all interactions.
- Proactively look for guest service opportunities in and out of cabanas, and take ownership of requests
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of cabana areas at all times.
- Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner avoiding self injury and unsafe work methods
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude in difficult situations.
- Maintain and actively monitor guest safety and well being, and positively enforce cabana rules when applicable.
- Perform additional duties as directed by management.
- Provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer. Proper performance requires knowledge of a specific function or activity and familiarity with policies and procedures of the department. Comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily. Proper performance requires some physical and mental dexterity in order to accomplish tasks associated with the completion of the service.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service.
- Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Company Standards of Conduct
All Venetian | Palazzo Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Companys standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required licenses, such as Health Card, Alcohol Awareness (TAM) Card and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- Minimum of 1 year of food and beverage or restaurant experience required.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, 100% customer service oriented enjoying opportunities to work with and assist people; teamwork oriented, able to enforce rules in a courteous and professional manner, function effectively under time constraints, possess excellent interpersonal and guest relation skills both in person and over the phone when dealing with management, team members, and guests.
- Effective listening skills and attention to detail a must.
- Have a basic knowledge of attractions/restaurants in the Las Vegas area and provided by the Venetian.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Lift or carry a minimum of 30 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
- To carry, pull and maintain lounge chairs as well as other pool deck equipment such as towel bins, weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in seasonal heat (100F+) or cold as well as inclement weather.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 40525887 lasvegas