The primary responsibility of the Assistant Chef - Garde Manger is to supervise all cold kitchen functions ranging from product inventory, display and presentation of cold items. Prepares all special order items for VIP and hotel/casino functions in addition to backing up and supervising all line employees in their functions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resorts policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Key Responsibilities
- Prepare staff work schedules and reviews payroll sheets.
- Writes cold menus as needed for hotel functions.
- Orders and verifies delivery of needed stock for the Garde Manger, notifying warehouse of any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Interviews, hires, evaluates, disciplines, and terminates employees when applicable.
- Prepares all supply cost reports for food and beverage on a scheduled basis.
- Reviews finished products prior to leaving bake shop.
- Troubleshoots unexpected or unusual situations in the Garde Manger.
- Prepares special-order items and those items used for promotional functions as requested by the hotel/casino.
- Creates special amenities and showpieces made of ice, fruits, vegetables.
- Ensures all equipment in the Garde Manger is properly maintained and in working order.
- Ensures that supply stock is maintained at par levels.
- Enforces and follows all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food service areas.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Key Processes
- Coordinates with support departments for acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Works to maintain food costs within set operating budgetary constraints.
- Ensures that all products meet departmental appearance and quality standards.
- Provides management and support to the entire kitchen staff, ensuring efficiency in the daily operation.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 21+ years of age
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience, including high volume, exposure to all facets of the field, i.e. vegetable and ice carvings, VIP presentations.
- Must have at least 4 years supervisory experience.
- Effective communication skills, reading and writing skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 30 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 40489412 lasvegas